NACCS Immigrant Student Beca
Scholarship Information and Application
A student has provided you with this link because s/he is requesting a letter of support for our scholarship. Below is some information about the scholarship, the organization, our eligibility requirements, guidelines, and instructions for submitting your letter.
The National Association for Chicana and Chicano Studies (NACCS) offers scholarships for immigrant students who are committed to furthering the well-being of Chicana and Chicano scholarship and communities. Applicants must be enrolled in an accredited degree-granting institution and be an immigrant of Chicana/o heritage.
The NACCS Immigrant Student Beca Fund was founded in 2008 to help Chicana and Chicano college students complete their education. The scholarships are available on a competitive basis for community college, four-year college, and graduate students. Awards begin at $300, and vary depending upon the number of applicants and availability of funds.
- Must be a member of NACCS.
- Must be an immigrant student of Chicana/o heritage (preference will be given to those not eligible for
other sources of financial aid).
- Must have graduated from high school or received a GED.
- Must be enrolled full-time at an accredited institution.
- Must be committed to the betterment of the Chicana and Chicano population as described in the NACCS preamble (see www.naccs.org/Preamble/).
Recommenders should explain how long and in what capacity they have known the applicant as well as address the applicant’s scholarly potential, character, and community involvement.
Your letter can be mailed to: NACCS Beca, P.O. Box 720052, San Jose, CA 95172-0052
Or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org (subject line: Beca: STUDENT'S LAST NAME)
Deadline: Your letter should arrive by October 20.
If you should have any questions, please feel to contact us at email@example.com.