MSU Denver Chicano Studies
Position Number: F00450
Salary for Announcement: The salary ranges for this position are $51,000 - $60,000 at Assistant Professor level or $60,000 - $69,000 at Associate Professor level. The salary of the finalist selected for this role will be set based upon a variety of factors, including but not limited to, internal equity, education, experience, specialty and training. The above salary ranges represent the University's good faith and reasonable estimate of the ranges of possible compensation at the time of posting.
The Department of Chicana/o Studies at MSU Denver invites applications for a full-time open rank, tenured or tenure-track (Category I) position in Chicana/o Studies with appointment to begin Fall 2021.
MSU Denver, a Hispanic Serving Institution, is located on a commuter campus in the heart of Denver, Colorado. The University is particularly interested in teacher-scholars who have intention to activate principles of equity and inclusion and a demonstrated commitment to improving access to higher education for under-represented groups.
To apply, visit: https://apptrkr.com/2167984
A successful candidate must have the ability to effectively:
• Teach introductory and core courses in the discipline (4 courses, 12 credit hours per semester) online, face to face, and hybrid delivery methods.
• Develop and teach courses in Chicana/o/x/ & Latino/a/x in three or more of the following areas: Critical Indigenous Studies; (Im)migration Studies; Social movements/Community Organizing; Queer Latinx Studies; and/or Research Methods and Theory.
• Be responsible for producing scholarship and/or creative work commensurate with the requirements for tenure or promotion to full professor.
• Contribute to and participate in the life and development of the department.
• Advise undergraduate students five (5) scheduled hours per week.
• Service to the Department, the School of Letters, Arts and Sciences, the University and community at large.
• Participate in the broader disciplinary communities.
• Summer classes are optional if available and with additional compensation.
• Completed Ph.D. by January 31, 2021, in Chicana/o Studies; American Studies; Latinx Studies; Comparative Ethnic Studies; Gender Studies; Trans-border Studies; Social Science field such as Sociology, History, Anthropology, Political Science, or Psychology, with research in topical areas relative to the Chicana/o experience.
• Evidence of successful teaching experience at the college or university level.
• A strong record or potential of scholarly/creative accomplishments.
• Experience in working collaboratively with diverse colleagues and community.
• Demonstrated contributions to equity through scholarship/creative activity, teaching, and service.
• Demonstrated commitment to mentoring and supporting students from a wide range of experiences and backgrounds including traditional, first generation, BIPOC, LGBTQ+, Latinx, adult, military, second career, second chance, concurrent high school/ college students, and students with mental health, learning, or physical differences.
• Demonstrable commitment to pedagogy and research consistent with the values of the Department.
• Willingness to help grow the small, but dynamic Dept. of CHS by supporting existing initiatives and projects including but not limited to: working to expand online course offerings; cultivating and building pathways from K-12, Community College to MSU Denver CHS; cultivating and building post-baccalaureate opportunities.
• Bilingual/bi-literate proficiency in Spanish as heritage, first or second language speaker.
• Experience in curriculum development and/or assessment.
Metropolitan State University of Denver is an equal opportunity employer.
Posting Date: 02/25/2021
Closing Instructions: Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicant:
Complete applications received by 11:59 pm MST on March 28, 2021 will receive full consideration. The position is open until filled.
In order to be considered as an applicant, you must apply via the online application system, www.msudenverjobs.com.
IMPORTANT: In order for an applicant to be considered for the position, the applicant must have a complete file with the following:
1. Cover Letter
2. Curriculum Vitae
3. Teaching Philosophy
4. References. References refers to a list of four professional references and their contact information.
Official transcripts will be required of the candidate selected for hire.
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2168892
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.