Spanish Languages & Chicanx Literatures, CSU Monterey Bay
World Languages & Cultures
Spanish Language and Chicanx Literatures
Assistant Professor -Tenure Track
Powered by an inspiring Founding Vision Statement, California State University, Monterey Bay (WWW.CSUMB.EDU) is a comprehensive, mid-sized four-year university whose staff and faculty help transform student lives by emphasizing project-based learning, requiring service learning, and promoting multicultural and global perspectives on and beyond the campus community. CSUMB is both an MSI and HSI and has a vibrant, diverse student body of over 7000 students and growing. Our faculty and staff, many of whom live in campus housing, appreciate living and working about one mile from the shores of the beautiful Monterey Bay. As one of the 23 campuses in the California State University (CSU) system, we offer excellent benefits, including housing, and competitive salaries for our faculty and staff. During our 25th Silver Anniversary Celebration in 2019-20, we will complete two major building projects: the College of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences and the Student Union. By 2030, CSUMB’s sustainability initiative is to be carbon neutral.
- Teach lower and upper division courses
- Advise Spanish Majors and Minors
- Strong commitment to curricular development reflecting recent pedagogical approaches
- Participate in School of World Languages and Cultures governance
- Typical teaching load is 12 credits per semester
- Ph.D. in Hispanic/ Mexican/ Chicanx Literature from an APA accredited doctoral program by the time of appointment
- Native of near native linguistic ability in both Spanish and English
- Demonstrated commitment to excellence in teaching
- Ability to teach beginning, intermediate, and advanced Spanish language courses
- Scholarly achievement or promise
- Ability to teach effectively in a wide range of courses dealing with Hispanic Literature and Cultures
- Experience working effectively in an ethnically and culturally diverse campus community
- Experience in Chicanx literature
- Experience in Hispanic cultures and studies
- Experience in Spanish for Heritage Speakers
- Experience with online instruction
For Additional information and on How to Apply:
CSU Monterey Bay is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to: Age, Disability, Race or Ethnicity, Gender, Gender Identity or Expression, Nationality, Religion, Sexual Orientation, Genetic Information, Veteran or Military Status.
All employees must be eligible for employment in the U.S.